In my last email, you learned the 1st secret to skyrocketing your revenue — create a business model that sets you up to reach six figures.
Making more money isn’t just about raising your rates. It’s about creating valuable packages that give your clients transformative results.
However, developing these amazing offerings is only the first step…
Next, you need to be seen as the go-to person for the service you’re offering, so that your ideal clients choose to invest in YOU specifically.
After all, it’s a saturated marketplace. For example —
- Thousands of health coaches are graduating from the School of Integrative Nutrition each month. And everyone (even your mother!) can call themselves a life coach if they’d like.
- Every week, tens of thousands of people are leaving Corporate America to offer their services as entrepreneurs (i.e. business consulting, marketing, writing, tech support)
How can you make sure that you’re not just seen as a dime a dozen? What can you do so that your ideal clients choose to work with you over everyone else?
This leads us to Secret #2 …
At an event with some of my Publicity Mastermind clients
When you think of personal branding, what comes to mind? Maybe a fancy website or a clever tagline.
While these things can leave an impression, what’s most important is that you create an emotional relationship with people you’d like to work with. I want your ideal clients to:
- Deeply connect with your unique story of transformation. They see themselves in you, and would love to reach the same big goals you have!
- Admire your intelligence and expertise. When you’re not in the room, they talk excitedly to their friends about how amazing you are.
- Email you to say hello and get on your radar. They let you know they’re saving up to work with you one day. They have no doubt that you are the coach for them!
- Feel lucky just to get on the phone with you, even if it’s only for 10 minutes. They are grateful for an opportunity to share their challenges with you and find out if you’re available to help them.
I want people to look up to you and respect your work. Because when that happens, they’ll pay a premium for your help.
One of the most powerful and fastest ways to create your personal brand is through affiliations.
What’s an affiliation?
It’s when you are associated with high-level brands or high-level people.
Let me give you an example…
An Unexpected Encounter with my Ex-Boyfriend
A couple months ago, I was ordering lunch at Chipotle when I heard someone call my name.
I turned around and saw a tall guy with long hair smiling at me. It was my ex-boyfriend Plato.
He excitedly called me over to sit with him and his friend.
Then he said to me, “Everyone’s been telling me about your big profile in Forbes Magazine. Congratulations!”
Really? This was news to me!
I laughed and told him, “I actually wasn’t profiled in Forbes, but I did write a piece for their website.”
Plato turned to his friend and said, “Oh she’s just really humble. Selena was featured in Forbes Magazine as one of the top business coaches in America!!”
I tried to correct him, but he wouldn’t listen. In Plato’s mind, I had full-page write-up alongside Warren Buffett and Beyonce.
Now let me show you the piece I actually wrote. It was a personal blog post for their website called, “I’m Excited About Turning 30 and Here’s Why.” It was all about taking the plunge to be an entrepreneur.
This is what happens when you are affiliated with high-profile brands, media, or leaders. People hear about just one press hit and turn it into a much bigger thing in their minds!
As an entrepreneur, these kinds of affiliations majorly elevate your brand — and your earning potential.
It also opens up doors to other big opportunities, like high-profile speaking gigs, invitations to join elite networking groups, and access to VIP clients.
Right now, I know it feels like you have to prepare for battle each time you get on the phone with a new person for a sales conversation. It’s frustrating to deal with the endless objections and their resistance. You know that if they would just sign up, you could really change their life.
But it’s like you have to talk them into believing how good you are. And when you finally tell them the price, there’s an uncomfortable silence. When they start talking again, they say things like, “I’m not sure if I can afford that” or “Let me talk to my partner and get back to you….”
It’s so annoying when you have to work 5X as hard as people who have built a great reputation. (And whose work might not even be as good as yours!)
But what if people were already sold before you even got on the phone with them? What if they would pay pretty much anything to work with you?
In Get Known, Get Clients, I’m going to teach you how to start building this kind of reputation, so that you can easily have people sign up as long-term clients.
Get Known, Get Clients is a 6-month program that teaches you how to earn more and stand out as the go-to expert in your field.
I’ll be walking you through the 3-part system that I used to build my six-figure business so quickly. You’ll learn how to:
- Create a business model that really works for you, that has potential to bring in a ton of money — double, or triple what you make now
- Increase your value in the marketplace through building a powerful personal brand
- Connect deeply with your ideal clients and audience, so you are the coach/consultant they want to work with
- Pitch yourself to publications the right way so you can start landing high-profile affiliations
- Build relationships with influencers, so you can get raving endorsements and VIP opportunities
You know your work is special and can directly impact hundreds (or thousands!) of lives.
I want you to stand out from the thousands of people doing work like you.
It doesn’t have to take 10 years to become an overnight success. You can speed ahead of everyone else when you have the right guidance and support.
If you’d like my personal coaching on this, I’d love for you to join me in Get Known, Get Clients.
Enroll right here to get my support and eyes on your unique business.