In these unpredictable times, I bet that worry is an emotion that has come up for you a fair amount. I know it has for me.
Have you asked yourself questions like…
- When am I going to see my [parents / friends / partner / loved ones] again?
- Will anyone still want to buy my product or offer?
- When will it be safe for me to travel to [XYZ place]?
- How badly is this pandemic going to hurt my business?
- Are my 2020 goals still realistic?
Worry happens when we dwell on things we can’t control – and often expect the worst.
It’s natural for our brains to go there. It can even feel like the right thing to do. Like we’re taking something seriously – hence we are worrying about it.
Instead of dwelling on the worst-case scenario, here are 10 inspirational quotes to give you perspective and peace. These came from a list that my friend Sam Horn shared on Facebook.
1. “What torments of grief you endured, from evils that never arrived.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “Fear is faith that it won't work out.” – Pinterest post
3. “Action is the antidote to despair.” – Joan Baez
4. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has opened for us.” – Helen Keller
5. “Let our advance worrying become advance planning.” – Winston Churchill
6. “He who fears he shall suffer already suffers what he fears.” – Michel de Montaigne
7. “Our fears are more numerous than our dangers, and we suffer more in imagination than in reality.” – Seneca
8. “I've suffered a great many catastrophes. Most of them never happened.” – Mark Twain
9. “If you are unhappy, you are too high up in your mind.” – Carl Jung
10. “Our eyes are blinded with our worries, we cannot see the beauty of the sunset.” – Krishnamurti
I have no doubt that you may be experiencing some very real, painful challenges.
But I hope these potent messages give you the perspective to stay positive and hopeful, amidst the storm we’re experiencing together.
I hope they inspire you to choose better thoughts – and to take action.
Because as the popular saying goes, “The best way to predict the future is to create it.”
So today I have two questions for you:
What actions can you take today to create a brighter future for yourself?
Which of the 10 quotes I shared resonated with you the most?
Let me know right here on Instagram, and then tag an entrepreneur friend in the comments that you want to inspire with these words.
Sending you so much love,