People are always surprised when I tell them that I’m an introvert (and socially awkward at times).
For so much of my life, I’ve struggled with shyness and felt like a fish out of water.
This goes way back to high school, when I moved from Hong Kong to attend an all-girls boarding school in Tacoma, Washington.
It was huge culture shock for me. I couldn’t find common ground with the girls at my new school, who would wear lots of makeup and talk about boys and sex.
Instead of going to parties, I spent lots of late nights alone in my tiny dorm room at my desk — reading books and studying for tests. While I ended up being at the top of my class, I certainly was not winning any popularity contests. I felt very lonely, and I didn’t have many friends.
Even 10 years later when I was in business school, I felt totally out of place.
My classmates were brilliant, ambitious, and kind… but I just felt like I couldn’t connect with them.
After class, they would hang out at bars — talking about sports, politics, or their latest consulting interview… and I had nothing to say to add to the conversation.
Sitting there for what felt like hours + pretending to be somewhat interested (even though I was bored out of mind!) was incredibly uncomfortable and painful.
Meanwhile, there was another world that I longed to be a part of….
The exciting world of personal growth, online marketing, and entrepreneurship.
My favorite experts were people like Marie Forleo, Danielle LaPorte, and Ramit Sethi.
I would read every blog post and watch every video they published. I devoured their advice (forwarding their newsletters to all of my friends telling them, “You’ve got to check this out!”).
I dreamed about one day creating an amazing lifestyle business, just like they had.
Even though these people had no idea who I was, I felt like they were my friends (or at least the friends I wanted to have).
We spoke the same language. They understood my dreams and ambitions. And I saw pieces of myself in them.
Fast forward to where I am today… and I can hardly believe what I’ve created.
Today I have a thriving multi-six figure business doing what I love the most — helping visionary experts, authors and coaches share their great work with the world.
And many people I once admired from a distance are now my dearest friends, mentors, and even clients.
I feel like I’ve finally found my tribe and my calling. I’ve never felt more at home.
While I’m terrible at small talk and I’m not the loudest or most noticeable person in the room, there’s one thing I’m really good at… and that’s connecting with influencers. People that I’m passionate about and believe in.
I know how to reach out and get a response, deeply connect, add a ton of value (even when on the outside it looks like I may have nothing to offer them)… and build a long-term relationship from there.
And I have to say… this is the biggest secret to my success.
Because here’s the thing. You don’t build a 6 or 7 figure business alone. You build it with the help of others.
All of us need:
- Powerful mentors and coaches… who are crazy smart and deeply generous.
Those things that you’re struggling to figure out? They’ve mastered them. With their help, you can accomplish in 1 year what might take others 3 years or more.
- Successful colleagues who are fun to be around and have an amazing reputation. Once they get to know you + your work, they’ll happily send ideal clients your way.
- Superconnected individuals who have influence and reach. They can connect you to amazing visibility opportunities (i.e. podcasts, guest posts, TV, magazines) that would be difficult to get on your own, allowing more people to learn about your great work.
When it comes to your business, I truly believe there is nothing more precious or valuable than your relationships.
Why am I telling you all of this?
Because this is exactly what I want to help you create — an amazing network of people who care about you, believe in you and won’t let you fail!
That’s why I’m hosting a special webinar called How to Build Win-Win Relationships with VIPs + Influencers… that help you land dream clients, boost your income, and become a respected leader.
In this complimentary training, you’ll learn…The secrets to getting big-deal people to promote your amazing work (even if you have a tiny list, are in the early stages of your biz, or aren’t sure you’re “established enough” yet)
- The secrets to getting big-deal people to promote your amazing work (even if you have a tiny list, are in the early stages of your biz, or aren’t sure you’re “established enough” yet)
- The 3 must-have relationships to catapult you to the next level (all multi-6 and 7-figure entrepreneurs I know have this special advantage)
- How to get thousands of dollars of expert business advice for free to solve your most burning problems
- The story of my student who went from unknown to the top – within 6 months becoming the go-to service provider for industry leaders (think Derek Halpern and other online stars)… and her approach works in any field
Let me show you how to take your business to the next level — reserve your seat on the webinar here.
Can’t wait to share more with you!